Thursday, June 21, 2007

Better Off in a Pine Box

Another day and the cemetery is still peaceful and calm. Doug Stone's lyrics, "I'd be better off in a pine box.." seem to float carelessly through the air. If you had asked me five years ago, my pine box would have had to have come complete with coordinating socks, shoes, hair accessories, and jewelry. The outside of the box would also had to have been engraved or embossed with meticulous and intricate details which of course would coordinate with my interior outfit! Now, with an infant and a toddler running around, I think I'd be content just to lie somewhere, anywhere, for a few moments of peaceful and quiet rest. If I hadn't had time to swipe a comb through my hair and if I smelled like baby spit-up, oh well. I hear the bugs don't care anyway.

No comments:

Google
Support This Site
Join Associated Content
Powered By Blogger

The bouquet residence

The bouquet residence
delivery from the other side of the fence
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape